The Division 2 Physical Sales Are Only 20% of The Division

The Division 2 launched last week and quickly shot to the top of the weekly gaming charts in the UK. However, according to Chart-Track, physical sales of the game were just 20% of the physical copies sold by its predecessor, The Division.

Of the physical copies that were sold, 60% were for PlayStation 4, while Xbox One accounted for the remaining 40%.

One of the main reasons why physical sales of The Division 2 were down so much compared to the first game, which released back in 2016, is due to how gamers are now purchasing and playing their games. This generation of gaming has seen digital sales increase year-on-year, so it’s pretty clear that more people have opted to purchase digital copies of The Division 2 than they did with its predecessor.

It’s also important to consider that The Division 2 officially released on a Friday, whereas The Division launched on a Tuesday in the UK, giving it a few extra days to tally up more sales. While this wouldn’t have changed the overall picture of physical sales being down, it would have perhaps closed the gap a little.

We don’t know how many digital copies of The Division 2 have been sold yet as digital sales are not included in figures given by Chart-Track; therefore, it’s hard to tell whether or not overall sales of The Division 2 are down compared to the first game.

This week’s top ten is still dominated by titles such as Grand Theft Auto V and FIFA 19, with EA’s Anthem dropping out of the top ten altogether.

Here is this week’s top 10:

  1. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
  2. Rootin’ Bootin’ Hootin’ 2
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. FIFA 19
  5. The Lego Movie 2 Video Game
  6. Devil May Cry 5
  7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  8. Far Cry: New Dawn
  9. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Related posts

September 2020 Humble Choice Includes Generation Zero, Golf with Your Friends, Forager and More

Gavin Hart

Horror Hit Kholat Gets Nintendo Switch Limited Physical Copy Pre-order Details

Rob Browne

Super Mario 3D All-Stars Features Three Classic Super Mario Games in One, Comes to Switch This Month, But There’s a Catch

Jes Taylor

Wii U Classic Super Mario 3D World & Bowser’s Fury Coming to Nintendo Switch Next Year

Jes Taylor

Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Allows You to Create Your Own Courses in Your Own House

Jes Taylor

Rocksteady Studios Reveals Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Anthony Pamias