Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is taking the series to another dimension for the first time with classic 2D and exciting 3D events. Mario and Sonic will re-enter the arena when the game releases in the Americas on November 5th and Europe on November 8th, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 features 10 different classic 2D events:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
If you’ve never seen Bowser in classic 2D perform an armstand dive off a 10-meter platform into the water, you’re in for a treat.
Also featured in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- New Events and More: Debut events including surfing, skateboarding, karate, and sport climbing will all be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020; joining the classic event line-up of gymnastics, swimming, 110m hurdles, football, equestrian, and archery.
- Different Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun**: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a star-studded SEGA- and Nintendo-franchise athlete roster that includes Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, and more to be announced!
- 10 Classic 2D Events: Experience Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics.
Dash, jump, climb, surf and more in 21 3D events, including:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will take to the starting blocks exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on November 5th.