Cities: Skylines Snowfall will be the next expansion for the popular city-builder and will be available later this year, Paradox Interactive has announced.
As the name suggests, Cities: Skylines Snowfall will introduce your cities to winter with the introduction of a new ‘Winter’ map which will feature lots of snow and ice. It will be the players job as a virtual mayor to ensure that the city doesn’t come to a standstill and that traffic can keep flowing through the icy and snow covered streets. Players will also be able to build a snow plough depot which will allow you to send snow ploughs out onto the streets to keep the roads clear from snow.
In addition to introducing winter and snow to Cities: Skylines, Snowfall will also add rain and fog to existing maps to make cities feel more alive and realistic.
Cities: Skylines Snowfall Features
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare
No official release date or price has been set yet for Cities: Skylines Snowfall,