CD Projekt Red have announced details of a massive update coming to the Witcher 3 very soon. The main highlights of the 1.07 patch were posted on the CDPR forums yesterday, with a promise for more details to be released later this week.
This is what CDPR have said is coming in the new patch:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
The post also mentioned that due to the size of the patch, they haven’t had the resources available to release the free DLC this week, but have said that it will be returning next week. Apparently CDPR have been listening to a lot of the community feedback and so lets hope that this is only the tip of the iceberg for 1.07.